Sunday, November 7, 2010

#19: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced? (1967)




Zack: Picking which Hendrix album is my favorite is like picking which supermodel I would like to sleep with. But if I had to pick, I would go with Marissa Miller...I mean Are You Experienced?! The entire thing is simply splendid. My least favorite song on the album, Manic Depression, could very easily be another person's favorite, mostly due to the fact that being the worst track on a Hendrix album is really not a bad thing at all. I absolutely adore this entire album. No matter what mood I'm in, there's a song for it. Plus, have you heard that guitar? It has the ability to become emotion. Hendrix truly was a genius, but the studio albums can't capture all of his genius at work. If you don't believe me, go to Youtube and look up Hendrix Hey Joe Woodstock. It's incredible. He dominated that instrument in a way I have never heard anyone else do.
Favorite Tracks: Hey Joe, Red House, Highway Chile

Emily: Somehow, in all of the time I have known Zack, I had not listened to any Hendrix with him. Which means I barely listened to any Hendrix at all. Now, I'm definitely a convert. I've never heard anything like this album - there's so much emotion and intensity through every single song. Anything else I write will simply echo Zack's sentiments - Hendrix was simply a musical genius.
Favorite Tracks: The Wind Cries Mary, Hey Joe, I Don't Live Today

No comments:

Post a Comment