Monday, November 8, 2010

#20: OutKast - Stankonia (2000)


Zack: I'm a pretty big OutKast fan and this album has a lot to do with it. Andre 3000 has one of the sickest flows in the game and Big Boi is pretty spectacular as well. On my first couple of listens, I definitely did not pick up on all of the ridiculous lyrics that are present. Don't believe me? In Ms. Jackson, Andre apologizes to the title character for her daughters inability to talk "because my dick's all up in her mouth." Wow. Anyway, this album is pretty much terrific and OutKast is one of the few southern rap acts that I really enjoy so if you haven't done it already, listen to this album.
Favorite Tracks: B.O.B.; We Luv Deez Hoes; So Fresh, So Clean

Emily: I'm not a big rap fan overall, and this album really wasn't an exception. I thought the album was a bit too long and some of the tracks were kind of unnecessary. However,  I like the tracks where Andre 3000 sings, and the lyrics are so ridiculous that you can't not like them. And even though I don't like rap, B.O.B is just awesome. I have no idea how they can rap so fast and still make sense and sound great.
Favorite Tracks: B.O.B, Ms. Jackson, We Luv Deez Hoes

No comments:

Post a Comment