Thursday, November 4, 2010

#17: Gorillaz - Gorillaz (2001)


Zack: My brother bought this album in what now feels like ages ago and I loved it immediately. I listened to it a few times and then pretty much put it aside until the second Gorillaz album, Demon Days, rekindled my love for their animated style of genius. The first half is damn-near flawless and the second half is used for an expansion in terms of style. The variance is incredible. There are straight hip-hop tracks like Clint Eastwood, somber songs like Tomorrow Comes Today (one of my all-time favorite songs), dancefloor packing jams like Rock the House, and whatever the hell Latin Simone is. Every song has its own unique signature and the listener is constantly kept guessing. In short, I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!1!!!!!11!!!!!
Favorite Tracks: Tomorrow Comes Today, Punk, Clint Eastwood

Emily: I approached this album thinking it was completely hip-hop, but I was pleasantly surprised by the wide array of genres and sounds. They span from hip-hop to alternative to punk to experimental. They even throw some Latin salsa in there for good measure. I liked this album a lot more than I thought I would, especially the more alternative tracks. It's definitely worth another listen (or even more).
Favorite Tracks: M1 A1, 5/4, Re-Hash

No comments:

Post a Comment