Sunday, October 31, 2010

#12: Norah Jones - Come Away with Me (2002)

Emily: I haven't actually listened to this album in years, and I may have listened to it twice back then. It was (and still is) not really my type of music. Norah Jones has a beautiful voice, but the arrangements are very soft and light, too much so that they become a bit sleepy. I'd like to see her do more of a traditional jazz or blues album, or perhaps even rock. With her voice, she could do anything and it would sound great.
Favorite Tracks: Don't Know Why

Zack: To be honest, I wasn’t too interested in this album. It was just too plain and simple for me, but I could see how it would appeal to other listeners. All instrumentation is stripped down to the barest of minimums in order to showcase Norah Jones’s voice, and it is quite lovely.
Favorite Tracks: Don’t Know Why, I’ve Got to See You Again, Come Away With Me

2 comments:

  1. Cool idea, how do you guys get access to all of these CD's? Mediafire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should indeed play this album late at night, before sleeping preferably, you'll have the best dreams ^_^
    I got very fond of it over the years!
    my favourite is shoot the moon, and i believe the nearness of you was feautured in two weeks notice (with sandra bullock and hugh grant)

    ReplyDelete