Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Impressions

We found this list through a Sporcle quiz (where all of our greatest useless knowledge comes from). After epically failing at the quiz we went through the full list to check out how many albums we had actually listened to so far. The results were, in a word, pitiful. Zack had 53 and Emily had an impressive sum of 19. Some of you may be wondering how we had gotten through life having only heard a tiny fraction of the greatest albums of all time. In that case, fuck you. We're working on it, and you will witness our progress. You're welcome.

A little more about our music tastes before we start (as this very well may change as we work our way through the list):
Zack: My musical tastes are pretty eclectic. I listen to a lot of classic rock, alternative, hip-hop, and blues. I'll admit, I stole my love of ska music from Emily. I'm usually down to try any kind of music, except country. Country pretty much sucks.
Top 5 Bands (as of 10/20/10)
1. The Jimi Hendrix Experience
2. Pink Floyd
3. Nirvana
4. Streetlight Manifesto
5. Lupe Fiasco

Emily: My range is a bit more limited. I mostly listen to alternative rock, and I love ska - I've seen Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto 4 times each. My iPod is a random smattering of old stuff, new stuff, and stuff I stole from Zack.
Top 5 Bands (as of 10/20/10)
1) Streetlight Manifesto
2) Reel Big Fish
3) Green Day
4) Less Than Jake
5) No Doubt

A little more about us when we're not listening to music/writing this blog. We're both sophomores at Temple University in Philly. Emily is a marketing major, and Zack is political science/journalism. Oh, and we've been dating for almost a year (insert awws and/or gagging noises here, whichever you prefer).

If you're looking for a mission statement, we don't have one. We're just going to enjoy listening to some really good music and see where it goes from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment