Friday, June 10, 2016

#397: Throbbing Gristle - D.o.A: The Third and Final Report (1978)


Zack: The fuck did I just listen to? This is one of the most confusing albums since Captain Beefheart. There was something about E Coli and a song called Wall of Sounds which was just a wall of sounds. Apparently, my least favorite song is actually a relatively normal song just sped up to 16 times its speed. I’m just so confused. Look, I didn’t like it. It honestly made me uncomfortable and a little anxious. If you’re the kind of person who likes feeling anxious, then seek help but also maybe seek out this album. Otherwise, I’d say hard pass.
Favorite Tracks: Hometime; Dead on Arrival; AB/7A

Emily: I listened to this album while home alone, and every few minutes I felt like I had to adjust the volume to make sure the neighbors couldn't hear what I was listening to. I also paused it a few times because I couldn't tell the difference between ambient city noise and some of these songs. I'm sure it has some artistic merit or other importance - otherwise why would it be on the list - but I just didn't get it, and I have no interest in figuring it out.
Favorite Tracks: Dead on Arrival; Weeping; AB/7A

No comments:

Post a Comment